Several new upgrades and a consistent look and feel across web and mobile applications are at the heart of a new travel information map launched this week by the North Dakota Department of Transportation.
"Our goal for the new travel map was to provide a platform that has many features to allow the user to pick and choose any of those features that would help them make the best decision as to whether or not to travel", said Mike Kisse, program manager of NDDOT's Maintenance Division. "The new platform also allows the potential to quickly add new features in the future."
The new features include:
- An updated table of contents/index area.
- A new way to show Travel Alert and No Travel Advised as colored overlays on the map.
- Weather information provided by the National Weather Service featuring weather radar and warnings and advisories.
- Information about cameras, rest areas, and dynamic message boards.
- Map information which is consolidated into a panel that slides in from the right.
- An updated camera search to allow users to interactively view cameras by regions, common routes, highways or camera direction.
The ND Roads mobile app is being updated and the new version will be available later this summer.