Terms and Conditions
Williston API reserves the right to change the terms and conditions under which this site is offered. These changes are effective immediately upon posting. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions. Your continued use of this site constitutes your agreement to all such terms and conditions.
You represent and warrant that you are expressly and duly authorized to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of the prospective Williston API license applicant or current licensee.
Elements of Williston API's website are also protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, sound or image from the site may be copied or transmitted unless expressly permitted by Williston API.
You agree to indemnify and hold Williston API, its officers, members, and employees harmless from any claims, demands, or damages, including attorney fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the site.
Disclaimer Of Warranty And Liability
WILLISTON API SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THESE MATERIALS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF WILLISTON API TO YOU BASED ON ANY CAUSE OF ACTION EXCEED $100.
Links To Third Party Sites
Any commercial transactions or business activities between you and third parties (including advertisers) included in the site are solely between you and the third party and API shall not be responsible or liable for any part of such dealings or promotions.
Third-Party Web Sites Seeking To Link With API Site
- You do not reproduce Williston API's website content without permission.
- You do not create a browser or border environment around the Williston API content.
- You do not imply that Williston API is endorsing your site or your products.
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with Williston API, its members, officers or directors.
- You do not present false information about Williston API, its activities, or its members.
- You do not display the Williston API's name, logo, trademark, or other identifier on your site without Williston API's permission.
- You do not remove, conceal, or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice, source identifier, or credit line.
- You do not link from a web site that could be construed as distasteful or offensive, obscene, defamatory, libelous, misleading, or is being used for illegal purposes.
- You do not link from a web site that infringes upon any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person.
You agree that Williston API will not be liable for any loss resulting from a cause over which Williston API does not have direct control, including but no limited to the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment, communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, natural disasters, strikes, wars, or government/judicial restrictions.
Nothing contained in this site is intended as, nor shall be construed as legal advice, guidance, or interpretation. No attorney-client relationship is established between Williston API and you by your use of this site. The information provided on this site is for general educational purposes only and specific questions about any law, statute, or regulation should be directed to an attorney with expertise in the area.
Williston API controls and operates this site from Williston, North Dakota, United States of America. The terms and conditions for this site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Dakota, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing, viewing, or using the material on this site, you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and local courts presiding in the State of North Dakta and agree to accept service of process by mail and hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available. Williston API makes no representation that materials on the site are appropriate for use in other countries and access to them from countries where the content is illegal is prohibited. You are responsible for complying with applicable local laws that regulate the content of this site.
You acknowledge and agree that material contained in this site may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Laws and regulations. You agree that none of this material is being acquired for, shipped, transferred, or reexported, directly or indirectly, to embargoed countries or their nationals unless authorized by the U.S. Government. Countries subject to the U.S. trade restrictions include, but are not limited to, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Syria, and the Sudan. You are warranting that you are not located in, or under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country. You agree to comply strictly with all U.S. export laws and have the sole responsibility for obtaining any licenses required to export or reexport.
Access To Secure Areas
You agree that you will not attempt to access password protected and/or secure areas of this site unless you are an authorized user. If you are an authorized user, you agree not to assist third parties in obtaining access to these areas without Williston API's approval.
Submissions And Postings
- Defames, abuses, harasses, threatens others.
- Contains any inappropriate, defamatory, obscene or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Infringes any intellectual property or other property right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to violating anyone's copyrights, trademarks, or confidential information.
- Violates any laws or regulations including, but not limited to, federal and state antitrust laws.
- Contains viruses or similar programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property.
- Advertises or offers to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose unless specifically authorized by Williston API.
- Uses a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Deletes any copyright or proprietary notice other designations that identify the source or origin of any materials.
- Contains any material posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- By posting materials, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright to such materials, have received permission from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain. You further represent and warrant that you have the full and unencumbered right to post such materials and that the posting will not infringe upon any rights of others. You grant Williston API and users of the site a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty free license to display, copy, transmit, print and use this information in any manner.
You agree that Williston API may disclose any information involving you (including your identity) if Williston API believes that there is a violation of law or in response to any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.